Nippon Intellectual Property Translation Association ("NIPTA") is a non-profit organization founded in April 2004 by major Japanese patent firms, translation companies, and freelance patent translators.
NIPTA now develops a variety of activities geared toward fostering excellent IP translators capable of providing borderless IP translation services.
＜The main activities of NIPTA are:＞
1. Implementation of the Intellectual Property Translation Proficiency Examination
2. Monthly Publication of the Intellectual Property Translation Journal
3. Organizing seminars on intellectual property translation
4. Conducting surveys and research on patent machine translation
＜About the Intellectual Property Translation Proficiency Examination＞
Under the sponsorship of the Japanese Patent Office (JPO) and with the support of the Japan Patent Attorneys Association (JPAA), the NIPTA exam has been conducted 30 times. The NIPTA exam has three grades: Grade 1 (Advanced Professional Level), Grade 2 (Semi-Professional Level) and Grade 3 (Entry Level). Grade 1 is divided into five categories: mechanical engineering, electrical and electronic engineering, chemistry, biotechnology, and intellectual property law and practice. The NIPTA exam has the following unique features.
1. Anyone can take the exam from anywhere in the world via the Internet.
2. Examinees are entitled to receive comments from the examiners (two examiners per category).
3. Excellent answers are uploaded on the NIPTA website upon consent of the examinees, together with model translation prepared by NIPTA.
4. Names, contact information, and other details of examinees who have passed Grade 1 are also uploaded, both in English and Japanese, on the website, upon consent of the examinees.
Click on “List of Examinees who have passed Grade 1 of NIPTA Exam“ below.
5. The exam is held twice a year: Japanese-English in spring, and English-Japanese, as well as German-Japanese and Chinese-Japanese, in fall.
For all inquiries regarding the NIPTA exam, please contact email@example.com.
◆【List of Examinees who have passed Grade 1 of NIPTA Exam】
- Nippon Intellectual Property Translation Association
Nittochi Nishi Shinjuku Building 7F, 6-10-1
Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0023
TEL:+81-3-5909-1188 / FAX:+81-3-5909-1189